Welcome to my attempt to archive and share some experiences at making learning more visible in my classroom

Friday 20 June 2014

Confident?



Can't remember where this came from but it is a way to understand how confident students are in their knowledge of some key ideas.  It's a simple tick quiz.  Here's a version on Hitler's consolidation of power.

You can use it in a variety of ways -

1) ask pupils to make only one tick - tells you a great deal about their confidence if you see a repeated pattern of "I think..." responses. [Easier to mark and interpret]

2) ask students to tick each row - illuminating if students begin to tick more than "I am sure this is right" !

Why was the Enabling Act so important?

Statement
I am sure this is right
I think this is right
I think this is wrong
I am sure this is wrong
A
It allowed Hitler to become President




B
It meant that Hitler had won the election




C
It allowed Hitler to make laws without the Reichstag




D
It gave the Nazis a majority in the Reichstag





No comments:

Post a Comment